Most companies in one way or another work with customers and are engaged in their support. To ensure high-quality interaction with customers you need to use a professional HelpDesk (Service Desk) system. Without this system it is extremely difficult to build a good quality support service.
The main objective of HelpDesk systems is the ability to receive and process tickets. In other words, the customer asks a question (sends an inquiry, request, create a ticket) and agents process it. Using the HelpDesk system, you can create an environment where the collaborative work of all employees and departments in the company is easy achievable.
To simplify the interaction with customers, a modern HelpDesk system can receive tickets in various ways:
- E-mail is the easiest way to implement the HelpDesk system. The HelpDesk system receives emails and converts then into tickets. Thanks to this, the customer will work simply through the e-mail channel, but agents will get access to all tickets from all customers in a single system;
- A ticket form on the website – when a customer uses this form, all data will be recorded into the ticket that can be processed by any free agent in charge;
- Customer portal – using a portal customers have a direct access to the same system. Here they can create a ticket, see pending tickets and also all closed (solved) tickets;
- Phone channel - it is often convenient for a customer to leave a request by phone, and it is not always possible to solve it on the go. To ensure that the request is not lost, the agent creates a ticket in the HelpDesk system, thus it will certainly be processed.
Speaking about teamwork, HelpDesk systems have ample opportunities for distribution of rights, for example, there can be agents who have access to a certain type of tickets - the rest are not available to them. Or the separation can occur by departments, for example, the technical support service does not necessarily need to see the tickets that relate to the Financial department.
There are also opportunities for ticket filtering and sorting: by priorities, types, agents and/or managers in charge and other necessary filters.
It will be necessary for many companies to activate SLA (Service Level Agreement) - in other words, the system will track the response time to the ticket. You set the time for which you need to resolve the ticket. In the event that this period is coming to an end, the system will inform you that the ticket should be urgently resolved.
To automate the work there are various other "goodies", such as the knowledge base - information can be either internal (for company employees only) or publicly available to company customers. Data from the knowledge base can be used as canned responses to work with applications.
For a qualitative and convenient processing of HelpDesk tickets you can use various functions, for example:
- Internal Comments - information that will be not visible to a customer, for example, discussion between agents about the possible solution to the issue reported;
- Additional tickets monitoring - if the ticket is especially important and the manager (or just the agent in charge) needs to know the status of the ticket implementation, as well as to receive all the notifications associated with this ticket;
- Ticket Freeze - an opportunity to postpone the implementation of the ticket, for example, if the ticket is waiting for an update from the customer or will be implemented later;
- Audit - a complete summary of all the actions associated with a ticket.
As an addition to the basic functionality, there are wide opportunities for analysis. Managers and agents can monitor the time spent for the implementation of tickets, a manager can create implementation schedules. Reporting can be made both for a company agents and for customers. Reporting can include all the necessary information: type, priority, time spent and speed of tickets implementation.
As a rule, the HelpDesk system is offered using the SaaS method (as a service), the cost is calculated depending on the number of licences (accesses) for agents and other persons who are involved in the tickets processing. Despite the fact that the program is standard and is located on the developer's servers, the customer has an opportunity to change the appearance of the system to comply with the corporate style of the company (replacing logos, changing the colour scheme, etc.). Also, the system setup allows you to fully adapt the system to your needs, whatever the company deals with: IT, logistics, finance, telecommunications, legal issues, online store or any other sphere of business.
Our company also offers an individual solution that can be placed on the customer's servers (a boxed version). In this case, all the necessary improvements and complete personalisation of the solution are also possible. If necessary we can create for a you a bespoke configuration and then you will be able to implement all the necessary business processes, important for your customer service department. When choosing the individual solution, it is necessary to take into account the high cost of implementation and product license.